Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedin

Monday 1 July 2013

Low-cost carrier AirAsia to start India operations later this year

Chennai: Malaysian low-cost carrier AirAsia today said its Indian operations should begin later this year with three aircraft for the southern region and it would also look at setting up some ancillary businesses in the country.
"I have always said we will start in the fourth quarter. People said September, October whatever. I hope we start this year. It is not about when we start. It is about we start it right. I mean no rush," AirAsia Group CEO Tony Fernandes told reporters on his maiden visit to Chennai.
AirAsia has formed a joint venture with Tata Sons and Arun Bhatia of Telestra Tradeplace with 49:30:21 holding to start its India operations.
Stating that his dream was to offer flight connectivity to every individual, Fernandes said: "I want to make sure everyone can fly. I want make sure someone who has taken a train for nine hours, can now fly for 45 minutes, for some one who took four days to come to Chennai, to do it in three hours. Thats my dream."
30/06/13 PTI/Economic Times

No comments:

Post a Comment