Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedin

Sunday 22 September 2013

Detention at Heathrow Airport: Ramdev says never done anything wrong or illegal in my life

London: A day after he was detained and questioned here at Heathrow Airport by custom officials for several hours, Yoga Guru Baba Ramdev today said he was not given any explanation for the action by the authorities and claimed he was not involved in anything illegal.
"I have never done anything wrong or illegal in my life. I was detained for eight hours at the airport, but was not given any explanation. I asked them repeatedly to give me a reason for detention; but they told that they cannot disclose it to me," Ramdev said.
Ramdev's detention has drawn criticism from the BJP which urged the Centre to intervene. BJP President Rajnath Singh termed the detention of the yoga guru as "serious" issue and asked the Centre to take cognisance of the matter.
There was lack of clarity over the reason for his detention at the airport.
REad News In full 21/09/13 PTI/Financial Express

No comments:

Post a Comment