Social Icons

twitterfacebooklinkedin

Tuesday 24 February 2015

Airport scam exposé: RTI activist alleges death threats

RTI activist Vishwas Bhamburkar, who recently filed a case against the Airports Authority of India-MIAL combine, for the alleged Rs 5,887 crore infrastructure scam, as well as two cases against the police for failing to follow the law, has now complained of receiving death threats.


In a written complaint to the police in Ahmedabad, where he resides, Bhamburkar has said that three men speaking a mix of English and Hindi threatened him after accosting him near his home on Saturday evening, a day after he visited the Sahar police station and recorded statements in a fourth case he is in the process of filing.

"I was walking home after running an errand when three men approached me. They asked if I was the Vishwas who had filed cases in the Mumbai airport matter. When I replied positively, they told me to back off. They asked me why I was doing this, and claimed they had managed to change the dates of hearing from February 23 to March 27. They warned me that if I did not pull back, I might not be around a month later," Bhamburkar told Mirror.
23/02/15 Mumbai Mirror

No comments:

Post a Comment